Thursday, April 08, 2010

Exciting news!!

We received word yesterday that Kyle's name was drawn in the lottery for our local public charter school!! We are very excited - makes school seem more real! He starts kindergarten on August 5, I think it is!!

As usual, I've not been updating but I'm really trying to get my life in order. Once that happens, blogging will have more time.

I am in the process of getting my Usborne Business re-energized and motivated!! And when it rains, it pours!! I have a booth at a craft fair on Saturday, next week I'll be at a consignment sale for 3 days, in May I'm hoping to be at the local Arkansas Homeschooling Convention with a booth...

On the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN) front, I am now a co-leader of our local chapter. Since April is Cesarean Awareness Month, we are putting together a Spaghetti Fundraiser, Silent Auction and Bake Sale for April 16th.

In the midst of all this, we are planning to put the house on the market so we can be closer to Kyle's school and life in general! While we love our house and the quietness, it is less than ideal for kids to play in the street when cars zoom by faster than they should and to get anywhere, we add at least 15 minutes to our traveling from what it COULD be... :)

That is a bit of an update... I'll plan to update after things slow down a bit in our lives! Especially after April is done! Oh, and I forgot!! The weekend of the 24th of April I am going to a Regional Training class in Chicago!! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone and all the information and encouragement I'm going to get!! Motivation!!!

Okay, that's all for now... :)

1 comment:

All American Family said...

Exciting times! Do you HONESTLY think life will ever slow down? I mean, I know the things we're all worried about today will pass, but something else will take their places. ;) Good luck in selling your house! I know it'll be a pain for a while, but once you get a new one closer to where you need to be that will be great. Then you get to start over with decorating and all that fun stuff. Big hugs!