Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our day today!

This morning I was tired so slept in a bit - Kyle did too, I think... He had eaten a couple cookies for breakfast and then I fixed him some yogurt and cheese stick. I couldn't figure out why it took him SO LONG to finish his breakfast! Tonight we went to some friends' house for supper and I asked Del how many cookies he'd left for us to eat - all of them. 10-12 cookies. And Kyle ate them all before 9am. Whew! No wonder he didn't have room for breakfast!!!



After we got home from dinner and visiting, I opened my truck door to get Kyle and heard some beeping... the CO alarm was going off (2nd time this winter) - stinkin' battery!! So, I went in the house, made sure the pilot wasn't out on the fireplace after I reset the alarm and went in search of the instruction booklet. I read all of the sections about the CO detector and what I should be doing etc. To make a long story short, we've never installed a new battery properly and when it is done right, the racket stops right away instead of going on and on....!!! Wooohoooo for reading the instruction manual!! I just replaced it in December or something but I guess two days of detecting battery only was too much. So, tomorrow I'm off to buy new batteries! As well as food to restock the fridge and freezer!!

No comments: